The Kotuby Family Blog

Thursday, October 09, 2008

SUMMER '08

Go ahead and laugh flopsy. So I'm a few months late of my goal. But on the bright side, I've got the whole summer behind me, and alot of pictures to choose from. Becky had on her "list of things to do" for the past month "choose pictures for the blog." She never did it, so here I am, flying solo. For sure, I will overlook the best pictures, and only post the bad ones (as I am constantly accused of by "the critic"). Spielberg I am not, but here's Summer of 08, through Daddy's eyes.
The big news is that we moved. We did our patriotic duty to prop-up the local housing market, and give Wall Street a great big "mortgage-backed security" to deal about. Even though it was only three blocks down the street, we still felt like playing the theme song ot the Jeffersons as we made a right onto Mt. Vernon Avenue, and an almost-immediate left onto Del Ray Avenue in the moving van. We be movin' on up, Weezie. For some reason, I love these two recent pictures of the kids in the new house.

We also took the first joint Kotuby-Grisetti vacation to the beach. Fourteen of us one one big house, not to mention the dog. Lots of sun, lots of booze, and a family clammin' expedition into the Pamlico Sound off the back of the house made for good food and good fun. New brother-in-law Mark is a scallop cleaning machine!!!!!
Karaoke at the "Froggy Dog."
You Should've heard Pap do Kenny Roger's "The Gambler."








Looking forward ot next year already. Other than the above, I'm omitting any beach pictures where certain people may be jiggly in certain places and other people may be hairy in other places, and showing only the kids. You're welcome.
Thatchie stuffing his face with Watermelon, under the watchfiul eyes off "Grammie Bart."






And Ellie and "Grammie Tuby" are feeding the "Sea Turtles"










But I love this picture. Lets leave the kids with "Pap Tuby," or as we like to call him "Captain Ahab." At the beach, he is never seen without a fishing rod and a piece of bloody mullet on a hook. Here kids, while I fish, play in the tackle box. Rusty hooks and lead-based sinkers are fun!










And, of course, the monkeys turned the big number TWO. I've decided that its inherently impossible for there to be "Terrible Twos" with twins. Assuming that there is a maximum threshold of "terribleness," we've been there, stayed there, and made ourselves at home there. It can't be any worse. Right, Ellie?
We spent the Birthday Weekend at our little camp in the mountains. The kids had fun picking "Blackbees" with Pap and Grammie, and messing in their cake afterwards. Below are some of the best pictures of Thatch yet.




















And, just last night, I completed the circle of life. I taught my son the "Curly Shuffle," as we spent the evening watching the stooges. Good lessons to learn there (e.g. eye-poking, pies in the face, etc.). Nyuk, Nyuk. I'll try to post video. Who am I kidding; don't hold your breath for that one. Just stop by the house sometime and we'll show you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie & Lisa said...

Finally! I'm constantly checking in for an update! I can't believe how grown-up the kids are (you, that's another matter, of course). Hope we can catch up in person soon!

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! It is fall now and you have to post some more for this season.

Amy Cay

7:27 PM  
Blogger Aunt B(Becky Winfield) said...

I love the pictures and your notes. They are so cute. They are growing so fast enjoy this time cause it's gone before you know it. You crack me up Charlie with your writing! Maybe we can see ya over the holidays.

Aunt B(Becky Winfield)

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://s27.sitemeter.com/js/counter.js?site=s27kotuby">